Karen E. Wootton
- Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California at Berkeley, J.D., 1990;
- San Jose State University, Bachelor of Arts in English, 1986, with Great Distinction, and Departmental Honors; English Major of the Year 1986;
- Carrillo Law Firm, P.C., Senior Attorney/Shareholder, April 2009 through February 2018.
- Miller Stratvert,P.A., Attorney, 2006-2009; 2007-March 31, 2009, Director/Shareholder; 2003-2006, Associate.
- Doña Ana County Attorney’s Office, Senior Assistant County Attorney, 2000-2003; Assistant County Attorney, 1998-2000.
- Law Clerk, Hon. L. Smith, Federal Magistrate, U.S. District Court, September-December 1997.
- Miller, Stratvert, Torgerson & Schlenker, P.A., Associate Attorney, 1993-1997.
- Families & Youth, Inc., Board of Directors, 2008 to present; Vice-President, 2011-2015; President, 2015-present.
- New Mexico Advocates for the Arts, Board, June 2020-present.
- Las Cruces Symphony Orchestra Association, Board, May 2015-September 2019.
- Groundwork Doña Ana County, Inc., Board, President, 2009-2015.
- New Mexico Bar Real Property Section Board Member, 2011-2013.
- Southern New Mexico Estate Planning Counsel, Board of Directors, Secretary, 2005-2006.
- New Mexico Center for Civic Values, Mock Trial Program, Ten Year Participant Award.